At the Board of Selectmen meeting on August 2, 2017, the Board gave authority to the Town Administrator to surplus two (2) 1998 Howard Price lawn mowers. The estimated value of the two lawn mowers is less than $500.00. The Department of Public Works will be accepting sealed bids on the two pieces of equipment through the end of workday (4:30p) on Thursday, October 5, 2017. The following conditions apply to the sale:
- The Town reserves the right to reject any and all bids, and waives any minor or non-material informalities if deemed to be in its best interest.
- Bidders are invited, and urged, to inspect the equipment to be sold prior to submitting bids.
- Inspection will be during regular business hours - 7:00am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday - at the Public Works Yard located at 200 Paradise Road, Swampscott.
- No labor will be furnished for such purposes.
- Under no circumstances will a refund, or adjustment, be made on account of equipment not working. Nor will failure to inspect such equipment be considered grounds for claim.
- Unless otherwise specified, it's agreed that the bidder will allow up to two weeks from the date of the bid opening for acceptance of its bid by the Town of Swampscott. Bidders may be present at the bid opening, at which time all proposals will be publicly opened and read aloud.
- Everything is sold "AS IS, WHERE IS."