Conservation Department Function
The Conservation Department provides a wide range of services in an effort to achieve the goals of the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and to improve the level of service provided to the Community.
1. Technical and administrative support to the Conservation Commission in the
form of enforcing the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act (M.G.L. Chapter
131, Section 40), project review and site inspections.
2. Coordinating project review with other Town officials and agencies.
3. Providing guidance to petitioners regarding Conservation Commission
procedures and requirements.
4. Meeting with abutters and other interested parties to elucidate applicable
bylaws and regulations for projects proposed in their neighborhoods.
5. Acting as a liaison between the Conservation Commission, the public and
other town departments, boards and committees as needed.